Read to Lead Workshop
Thursday, 20th May 2010
19 Abercromby Square, Liverpool, L69 7ZG
10am – 4pm
We have added another Read to Lead Workshop to this year’s schedule, in Liverpool, on Thursday 20th May. It will give you an introduction to our work and ethos, including a chance to experience Get Into Reading for yourself. We hope that it inspires you to seek ways of joining The Reader Organisation as our work develops.
It was a joy and a privilege to be there. I think it’s such a wonderful thing you’re doing – on so many levels. Very many thanks for an inspiring day.
Outline and Outcomes
Specifically, the Read to Lead Workshop will
- Develop your understanding of the theory and practice of Get Into Reading;
- Give you a chance to experience shared reading aloud as part of a Get Into Reading group;
- Introduce you to specialised shared reading and group facilitation techniques;
- Build your local contact base of people who are interested in Get Into Reading;
- Give you the opportunity to discuss strategies for developing Get Into Reading in your area;
- Inform you about Read to Lead Accredited Training and the University of Liverpool’s ‘Reading in Practice’ MA.
Booking and Fees
This course is open to people from all professional and social backgrounds: a love of books, a belief in the social value of reading, and a passion to share this vision are what we look for in trainees.
The cost of the day is £150, including lunch and refreshments, to be paid in advance. There is a special rate of £50 for those who attended the New Beginnings Conference and/or Readers’ Day in March. We are also offering, as usual, one ‘no fee’ place on for individuals who cannot pay.
Places on each Workshop are limited to twelve, to preserve the intimate feel of the groups and to allow everyone a chance to speak and be heard. To book your place, please complete a booking form, available to download from our website, or contact Mark Till, Training Programme Assistant, on 0151 794 2286 or firstname.lastname@example.org