Before you head off for the festive break, have you remembered to sign up for ‘New Beginnings‘, our first national Get Into Reading Conference, Supper and Readers’ Day on 8th – 9th Jan 2010 in Liverpool?
Join in the conversation about Get Into Reading at the Conference on Friday 8th Jan and take part in a fun and inspiring Readers’ Day with guest authors on Saturday 9th Jan – plus, don’t forget the Friday Night Supper: ‘The Value of Reading in a Life’ (with Clare Allan, Brian Keenan, Dr David Fearnley and Jane Davis)
Confirmed speakers over the two days are:
- Clare Allan (author, Poppy Shakespeare)
- Susan Blishen (Mental Health Foundation)
- Dr Jane Davis (Founder and Director of The Reader Organisation)
- Dr David Fearnley (RCPysch Psychiatrist of the Year; Medical Director and Deputy Chief of Mersey Care NHS Trust)
- Brian Keenan (author, An Evil Cradling)
- Blake Morrison (author, journalist and Chair of The Reader Organisation)
- Stuart Smith (Executive Director, Children’s Services, Liverpool City Council)
- plus, Reader Development Librarians, teachers and health professionals, involved with Get Into Reading from across the UK.
… and there are a whole series of workshops to choose from over the two days.
Tickets cost £120 for the whole New Beginnings Experience (£80 for the Get Into Reading Conference, £25 for the Friday Night Supper, £30 for the Readers’ Day) and are going fast, so book your place as soon as possible! Click here to book.
For more information, please contact Claire Speer, Conference Administrator: email@example.com.